What We are Doing- New Mask Requirements
- Western Heights has made the decision to require face masks to be worn on school property, in school vehicles, and at school-sponsored events regardless of vaccination status. This will begin on Tuesday, August 21, 2021.
- The CDC officials recommend universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students (age 2 and older), and visitors to K-12 schools.
- You can read more information about this by clicking on “Mask Requirements” below.
What You Can Do
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home until they are fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Please talk to your child about proper handwashing.
The CDC recommends the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.