Western Heights Public Schools will continue to monitor the situation and will update as we learn more from the State Department of Education or Oklahoma County Health Officials. If we need to close school for any reason in the future, closures will be reported via news outlets, social media, the districts notification system, and our website.
What We are Doing
As schools are closed we are cleaning and sanitizing all facilities. We have electrostatic sprayers to keep all surfaces disinfected at all times. Staff members in the buildings have temperatures taken twice a day and masks are worn in common areas.
What You Can Do
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home until they are fever free for 24 hours without medication.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Please talk to your child about proper handwashing.
The CDC recommends the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.